Emergency Medical Evacuation Insurance
Medical transport costs during your trip can be substantial.
Think it can't happen to you? Read this.
A sportsman without medical emergency evacuation coverage was traveling in Africa and severely injured his back. He had to spend $122,822 of his own money to return home for treatment.
Imagine you are enjoying your vacation when a medical emergency strikes. You might need an ambulance or helicopter to transport you to immediate care. You might need a private air ambulance or a block of seats on a commercial flight with room enough for medical equipment and an attendant to accompany you. How will you pay these expenses?
You can see why international medical evacuations can cost $50,000...or more. Many U.S. health insurance, HMOs & PPOs provide little or no coverage for these expenses. Medicare may not cover you outside the U.S., nor may most Medicare supplements. Visitors to the U.S. may find that their home country plan will not cover medical evacuation. Instead, the family may need to pay the bill.
Emergency Medical Evacuation insurance coverage is imperative for any traveler, and is included in all of the following plans:
Individual Travel and Study Plans
All Individual Plans Include:
- Emergency Medical Expense
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Repatriation of Remains
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- 24-Hour Worldwide Assistance
Flexible Trip Cancellation & Medical Expense Coverage—Select Your Plan
- Featuring: Covers your Travel Investment, Medical/Evacuation Expense and Baggage. Excellent limits. Cancel For Any Reason.
- Trip Length: Single trips up to one year.
- Designed For: U.S. and Canadian residents traveling anywhere.
- Get Quote
Low Cost International Medical Insurance
- Featuring: Medical and Evacuation coverage with great rates for shorter trips. Covers Sports and Hazardous Activities.
- Trip Length: Single trips from 5 days to 12 months
- Designed For: Anyone traveling outside the U.S. and his/her home country.
- Enroll Now
Flexible, Renewable Medical Insurance for Travel or Living Abroad
- Featuring: Medical and Evacuation coverage with variable limits and great rates, especially for longer trips. Coverage for Terrorism, and Sports and Hazardous Activities included
- Trip Length: Single trips of at least three months, renewable up to three years.
- Designed For: Anyone traveling outside his or her home country.
- Get Quote
Trusted, Low Cost Medical Insurance for U.S. Visitors
- Featuring: One of the original medical insurance plans designed for U.S. visitors. Choose Medical Evacuation and Accidental Death limits, with many deductible options. Includes coverage for Sports & Hazardous Activities and Terrorism.
- Enrollment Length: 15 days to up to 364 days.
- Designed For: International visitors to the U.S. and new U.S. immigrants.
- Enroll Now
Travel Insurance for the Frequent Traveler
- Featuring: Combined Medical and Evacuation coverage, or purchase Medical Evacuation as a stand-alone annual insurance. Sign up once for 364 days of coverage, customize with your choice of benefits and limits. Optional Terrorism Coverage.
- Trip Length: Any number of trips, up to 30 days each during the year.
- Designed For: U.S. residents who travel frequently for business or pleasure.
- Get Quote
Affordable Health Insurance for International Students & Study Abroad
- Featuring: Great rates starting at $2.07 per day. Meets Department of State requirements, and many university international student and study-abroad program requirements.
- Enrollment Length: 30-day minimum for as long as you are enrolled in school or hold a F-1 Visa.
- Designed For: Students under age 65 studying outside their home country. Coverage available for spouses and children.
- Get a Quote
Solutions for your travel risks and a valuable benefit for members
- Featuring: Low cost travel and international medical insurance policies custom-designed for groups.
- Enrollment Length: Varies.
- Designed For: Most any type or organized group traveling to or from the U.S.
- Learn More