Travel Medical Expense Coverage for People with Medicare
Many people are unaware that the Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid Programs may not provide coverage for hospital or medical expenses incurred outside the United States.
For travelers who are injured or who become seriously ill overseas, obtaining medical treatment and hospital care can be very costly and difficult. In 2012, the average cost for a hotel stay was $4,000 per day*, and an air ambulance from North America can cost upward of $20,000 for one-way travel alone.
Travel Insurance Services has several travel insurance plans that feature coverage for emergency medical expenses, emergency medical evaucation, and more! Before leaving your home country (even when going to Canada or Mexico), consider one of the following travel insurance options:
Low Cost International Medical Insurance
- Featuring: Medical and Evacuation coverage with great
rates for shorter trips. Covers Sports and Hazardous
- Trip Length: Single trips from 5 days to 12 months.
- Designed For: Anyone traveling outside the U.S. and
his/her home country.
Flexible, Renewable Medical Insurance for Travel or Living Abroad
- Featuring: Medical and Evacuation coverage with variable limits and great rates, especially for longer trips. Coverage for Terrorism, and Sports and Hazardous Activities included.
- Trip Length: Single trips of at least three months, renewable up to three years.
- Designed For: Anyone traveling outside his or her home country.
||Voyager Annual Insurance
Travel Insurance for the Frequent Traveler
- Featuring: Combined Medical and Evacuation coverage, or purchase Medical Evacuation as a stand-alone annual insurance. Sign up once for 364 days of coverage, customize with your choice of benefits and limits. Optional Terrorism Coverage.
- Trip Length: Any number of trips, up to 30 days each during the year.
- Designed For: U.S. residents who travel frequently for business or pleasure.
||Travel Insurance Select®
Flexible Trip Cancellation & Medical Expense Coverage—Select Your Plan
- Featuring: Covers your Travel Investment, Medical/Evacuation Expense and Baggage. Excellent limits. Cancel For Any Reason.
- Trip Length: Single trips up to one year.
- Designed For: U.S. and Canadian residents traveling anywhere.
*Source: International Federation of Health Plans
Monday - Friday | 9am - 7pm Eastern
Talk to someone who understands your coverage needs!
Prefer email? firstname.lastname@example.org
Need Help Choosing the Right Plan?
To get started, tell us about yourself:
Compare Travel Insurance Plans Side-by-side
Find the right coverage for your needs and budget with a helpful grid showing plans and features.
Compare Plans Now
Products By Brand