Flexible Medical Insurance for Travel or Living Abroad
WorldMed Insurance is designed for individuals traveling outside their home country for an extended period of time. This plan offers medical expense and emergency medical evacuation coverage while away from home in a foreign country.
WorldMed is the perfect solution for covering medical emergencies, evacuations, repatriations and more—coverage that your current group health policy may not provide. This plan offers excellent travel insurance coverage for business and leisure travelers, expatriates, work study programs, tourists, and church or missionary travelers.
- Inbound Coverage to the United States & Outbound Coverage to any country — for as little as five days, up to 364 days.
- Choose from many deductible options, from $0 to $1,000.
- Two plans - Inbound and Outbound - to choose from featuring various limits and benefits.
Valuable, New Benefits
- Political Evacuation —Coverage is provided for Political Evacuation situations that arise after your arrival in the host country up to $50,000, for emergency evacuation for covered reasons.
- Terrorism — You can travel assured that WorldMed Travel Insurance offers coverage up to $50,000 for events of terrorism.
- Stolen Passport/Visas —This plan will reimburse you a maximum of $100 for loss, theft or natural disasters for the cost of replacing a passport or visa.
- Emergency Dental — $1,000 limit; $100 for pain relief.
- Home Country Coverage — Worldmed now provides 30 days of Home Country Coverage for every three months purchased!
Optional Buy-Ups Can Be Added
- Additional Accidental Death and Dismemberment: For only $0.25 per day, you can add an additional $50,000 to your benefit.
- Intercollegiate/Interscholastic Sports: An Intercollegiate/Interscholastic Sports Rider is available for those participating in intercollegiate or interscholastic sports during their visit for an additional $1.25 per person per day.
- Hazardous Activities: For those planning to participate in hazardous activities, an additional rider is available for purchase for an additional 20% of your premium. Only medical expenses are covered under this benefit. Click here for the full list of hazardous activities.
Learn More About WorldMed Insurance
Quickly compare your options, benefits and cost:
Services Provided By:
Insurance is underwritten by HCC Medical Insurance Services, LLC (HCCMIS), a service company that is a subsidiary of HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. HCCMIS is regulated by the State of Indiana in our capacity as Third Party Administrator. HCCMIS has authority to enter into contracts of insurance on behalf of the Lloyd’s underwriting members of Lloyd’s Syndicate 4141, which is managed by HCC Underwriting Agency Ltd.
The policy is designed and marketed by Travel Insurance Services, Columbus, OH, a provider of travel/health insurance since 1973.
WorldMed Insurance is also available through certain insurance agents and brokers throughout the U.S.
This insurance coverage, offered by HCC Medical Insurance Services, does not meet the minimum standards required by the health care reform law. The policy above contains the plan benefits, including a lifetime maximum. Please review your choices prior to purchasing to ensure that you have sufficient coverage to meet your medical needs.