Flexible, Renewable Medical Insurance for Travel or Living Abroad
WorldMed Insurance is designed for individuals traveling outside their home country for an undetermined or extended period of time. This plan offers medical expense and emergency medical evacuation coverage while away from home in a foreign country.
WorldMed is the perfect solution for covering medical emergencies, evacuations, repatriations and more—coverage that your current group health policy may not provide. This plan offers excellent travel insurance coverage for business and leisure travelers, expatriates, work study programs, tourists, and church or missionary travelers.
- Inbound Coverage to the United States & Outbound Coverage to any country — for as little as 3 months, up to 12 months.
- Renewable coverage for up to three years* — allowing you to be flexible with your international travel plans.
- Choose from many deductible options, from $50 to $1,000
- Two plans to choose from featuring various limits and benefits
Valuable, New Benefits
- Political and Natural Disaster coverage —Coverage is provided for Political and Natural Disaster situations that arise after your arrival in the host country up to $25,000, for emergency evacuation for covered reasons.
- Terrorism — You can travel assured that WorldMed Travel Insurance offers coverage for events of terrorism.
- Stolen Passport/Visas —This plan will reimburse you a maximum of $100 for loss, theft or natural disasters for the cost of replacing a passport or visa.
- Emergency Dental — $1,000 limit; $100 for pain relief
Optional Buy-Ups Can Be Added
- Home Country Coverage — You can add $25,000 of home country coverage that may cover medical instances while temporarily visitng your home country during your trip.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Buy-Up — additional AD&D coverage
- Enhanced Sports and Hazardous Activities — An Enhanced Athletic Sports & Hazardous Activity Rider is available for purchase
- War Risk Coverage — the War Risk Rider provides coverage of the insured person’s loss caused in whole or in part by, or resulting in whole or in part from an act of war, declared or not.
Learn More About WorldMed Insurance
Quickly compare your options, benefits and cost:
Services Provided By:
WorldMed Insurance benefits are underwritten by United States Fire Insurance Company, rated "A" by AM Best 2012, and are subject to the terms, definitions, conditions, exclusions and limitations of the group policy. This is not a full description of coverage; see the Certificate for more information.
The policy is designed and marketed by Travel Insurance Services, Columbus, OH, a provider of travel/health insurance since 1973.
WorldMed Insurance is also available through certain insurance agents and brokers throughout the U.S.
*Worldmed is renewable for up to three years for persons up to age 69, two years for those ages 70 through 79, and one year for persons 80 and above.