Travel Insurance Select®
Trip Cancellation CoverageHelps You Plan for the Unexpected
Insuring your investment is a wise decision. When the flights are booked and the tickets are purchased, you don’t expect that you’ll need to cancel your trip. Things like medical evacuation, trip cancellation and emergency assistance services are the last thing on your mind. But once in a while, the unexpected does happen.
As you compare travel insurance plans, you’ll find Travel Insurance Select can provide you with the coverage you’re looking for at the right price.
Travel Insurance Select offers three plan options – so you can choose the one that fits your needs.
Why buy now? Purchase the Elite option within 21 days, or the Plus Option within 15 days of the date of your initial trip deposit and your plan includes:
- Coverage due to Pre-Existing Conditions
- Coverage due to Financial Default of your airline, cruise line or tour operator
- Cancel For Any Reason (Elite Option)
(However, you can still purchase Plus or Elite up to 24 hours prior to your trip departure without the early purchase benefits.)
Cover Your Travel Investment - Some Considerations
- Many health insurance & HMO plans may only provide limited medical coverage outside of your area – and especially outside of your home country. Medicare may not provide coverage outside of the U.S.
- If you need medical care outside of the country, a language barrier could prevent you from finding a quality doctor or explaining your injuries or illness.
- In today’s economy, tour operators, airlines and cruise lines go out of business all of the time. What would happen to your deposit if this happens?
- What if you lost your job before you were scheduled to go on your trip? Wouldn't you rather recover the money you’ve put down should you need to cancel the trip?
- If you miss your connection or inclement weather strands you somewhere, you could be stuck with additional expenses for hotel and transportation.
The Choice is Yours
Travel Insurance Select offers you a choice of three options to meet your needs.
|Some benefits include:|
|Trip Cancellation||100% of Trip Cost||100% of Trip Cost||100% of Trip Cost|
|Trip Interruption||100% of Trip Cost||125% of Trip Cost||150% of Trip Cost|
|Cancel For Any Reason||--||--||Included with early purchase|
Effective June 27, 2012, this policy is not available to residents of Quebec due to new provincial regulations.
This is only a brief description of the coverage(s) available. The Policy will contain reductions, limitations, exclusions and termination provisions. Insurance is underwritten by National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, Pa., a Pennsylvania insurance company, with its principal place of business at 175 Water Street, New York, NY 10038. It is currently authorized to transact business in all states and the District of Columbia. NAIC No. 19445. Coverage may not be available in all states.