We are strongly committed to maintaining the privacy of your personal information. This statement discloses the privacy practices for Travel Insurance Services' Web site.
- The information we receive depends upon your actions when visiting our site. We gather/track the following:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, or the proxy address of your Internet Service Provider (e.g. AOL, AT&T, etc.). Although our Web site logs IP addresses, we do not link to any personally identifiable information. This means that users are anonymous.
- The date and time your request was received
- Our resource that was accessed as a result of your request, such as the Web page, image, etc.
- The name and version of your Web browser (e.g. Microsoft Explorer 4.0).
- The Uniform Resource Locator (URL) that was accessed before you made a request from our Web server. The URL may be an outside address that is not related to our server.
- The content of any sent or received "cookie." "Cookies" are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Our cookies do not contain any site visitor's personally identifying information. We use them only to credit independent agents and organizations that market our products.
We use the information we collect for internal system administrative purposes to measure the volume of requests for specific Web site pages, to improve our site to be responsive to user needs, and to credit independent agents and organizations that market our products.
Other than the automatic data collection described above, this site collects no personally identifying information. The sole exception is when you knowingly and voluntarily provide information, for example when you fill in your name, address (or other information) on an insurance purchase form or on an e-mail form.
To top of page
You may decide to send information, including personally identifying information. The information you supply to Travel Insurance Services - whether through a secure Web form, a standard Web form, or by sending an electronic mail message - is used to process your insurance order, to provide your requested brochure/enrollment form, supplies, information kit or custom quote, or to answer the question that you submit. Confidentiality is a top priority and we are committed to maintaining the highest level of confidentiality with all of the information we receive from our inquiries, customers and policyholders, including the information received from this Web site.
Travel Insurance Services will sometimes respond to your initial information request with an e-mail asking for further clarification of your needs, or requesting additional information so that we can serve your insurance requirements. From time to time, we also send out customer satisfaction surveys to ensure that we are providing you with the best level of service possible. These are the primary reasons we require your e-mail address.
Travel Insurance Services will share your information only with its authorized agents, partners, insurance underwriters and claims providers only as required to complete your transaction and to provide you the coverage and services you have purchased, and the high level of service you deserve.
Information that you provide us will NOT be added to Travel Insurance Services' or any third parties' mailing lists. You will NOT receive unsolicited communication of any kind as a result of providing information to Travel Insurance Services Web site.
When you choose to send electronic mail to Travel Insurance Services, you are consenting to us using the information provided therein, including personal identifying information in accordance with this notice, unless you expressly state in the e-mail your objection to any use(s).
Note: Electronic mail sent over the Internet is not necessarily secure. As an alternative, you may communicate with us via U.S. postal service.
Your choice to use our Web site will be considered your consent for us to use the information collected therefrom as stated in this notice.
To top of page
Several of our insurance plans offer an online enrollment option. At Travel Insurance Services, we understand your concerns about online security and work closely with our programmers to keep our forms on a highly secure ordering environment so you can enroll in our travel insurance plans with confidence.
We use Secure Socket Layers (SSL), the industry standard in transferring information to process your orders. The SSL encrypts, or translates, your order information into a highly indecipherable code, which is processed immediately.
When you are ready to enroll in one of our plans, you will move into the secure area of our site. A warning window may pop up to notify you that you are entering this "safe" area. Once you've entered, the beginning of the page address (URL) will change from http to https, to let you know you are in a secure area. Also, a key or a closed padlock icon will appear in the lower right corner of most browsers to notify you of this change. You will remain in this secure zone for the purchase process. If one of these icons does not appear, please contact Travel Insurance Services.
To top of page
Travel Insurance Services
3070 Riverside Drive
Columbus, OH 43221
To top of page